Thursday, July 06, 2006

Life is a.....

Life is a journey,
Whose path is obscure,
Full of difficulties ,hurdles
And temptations to lure.

It is a venture,
Tough to defy,
Being on the land,
Aspiring for the sky.

Few in the million,
Come in the limelight,
For rest plunge in the oblivion,
In the darkness of the night.

After hours of my demise,
I'll become a forgotton name,
Untouched by the stimulation,
Of rememberance ,honour and fame.

This poem is by probably the most die hard romantic I have seen, my cousion.He is a wonderful poet and i can bet a million dollors on that if I have them that is.Most of his poems if not all were romantic and were written for my wonderful bhabhi with whom he got married after going around for nine years. But this poem is quite the opposite to what he writes. I love this piece of his and it just happened that he wrote this while we both were sitting one evening.Its sad yet so true and I simply love the piece.

5 comments:

  1. team mirage's opening lines...great work...by your brother...

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey man..good that u took time off to visit my blog and yes team mirage opening lines

    ReplyDelete
  3. i ve always envied who can write poetry......i can never!!!!!!! :((

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me as well, Swati. I am such a dumbo whenit comes to creative ariting, for that matter even expressing my emotions!

    Shishir: that is a true gist of life right there in that poem.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey welcome to the club ..me too envy these ppl who can write poems its such a gift to have ...and its so wonderful to read a poem ..but then..i can't write

    ReplyDelete