Thursday, July 06, 2006

Memory for life

Things have been bit crazy at my end , my mom got hurt on her right hand and had to undergo a surgery on the thumb. Nothing serious but then she will not be able to move her hand atleast for a month.And today I went along with her to the hospital for the dresssing of her thumb.I have always been one of those who hates the hospital but today when I went in and what I saw is gonna stay with me all my life.There is so much pain and so much suffering that I saw that it made me realize how lucky I am .There were people and lots and lots of them, each with thier share of pain.And it was not just people who were old but people of all age groups who were struggling . But then to my own surprise it was not the pain that stayed with me but the picture of immense courage which I saw in so many eyes. There were little kids really sick but then you can see that smile on their face which just touches your soul.And then there was this really elderly couple walking with holding each other's hand , this was so beautiful that I just can't put in words.And then there were family members fighting it out,cheering each other.These people who are common just like me and you but still are hero's in thier own way.
And apart from this wonderful experience I saw the most beautiful doctors you can ever imagine.I met them as they were treating my mom's injury. They were actually interns from medical college and were so scared of their senior doctor that I couldn't stop laughing.The doctor asked them few questions about some dignosis and they were not able to answer,reminded me of my really horrible viva's in college.I talked to them about my mom's injury and they said she is doing fine and I asked how was their senior doctor and they smiled and said is he strict or what .He ask all those questions which they never knew .They both were really nice and did I already use the word beautiful. So I have one good reason more to accompany my mom to the hospital.

9 comments:

  1. wish ur mom a speedy recovery, shishir!!! and i have always had crushes on my doctors :DDDDDD

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the wishes for my mom..she is doing fine now and it so nice of u to ask abt her ..and crushes on doctors.....now i know what u mean ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope u r being a good boy and taking good care of her!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hospitals.....they depress me a lot. I just cannot see the pain and misery of anyone,leave alone my loved ones...

    I have to sometimes walk thru the emergency of the Foothills Hospital (my work building complex) and watching people awaiting medical attention wrings my heart...

    Wish your Mom a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks a lot and my mom is doing grt now...the doc said she will be alright in 10 to 15 days and swati being a really good boy..infact stated cooking a bit too...and not doing a bad job of it...and Jas i know hospital r so depressing..that's why hate being there

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow!
    Its amazing that u were able to look beyond the pain and see the courage and beauty in the people..guess thats what growing up and learning is all abt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice to know your mom is doing well now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Isnt it wierd how little things in life suddenly teach u so much and we are able to see beauty in things we never even imagined before!

    ReplyDelete
  9. @white forest ...thanks for asking abt my mom she is grt now

    @ekta...yes it is wiered that there is so much beauty in little things of life ..which we seems to ignore all the time

    ReplyDelete