Friday, June 23, 2006

Best movie Quotes

This post was so tough to compile because there are so many great lines that it gave me a headache to pick few, but then I did pick few and my favourite quote is from the movie I just simply love.It has this great poetry about it and best part its Kajol.So I hope i didn't miss the real obvious ones.

Aisa pehli baar hua hai satrah athrah saalon mein,Undekha anjaana koi aane laga hai khayalon mein, Aankhon ki khidki par ek saya sa lehrata hai,Dil ke darwaze par koi dastak de ke jaata hai,Gheri gheri kaali aankhen mujhse mujhko poochti hai,Haaton ki rekhaon mein ek chehra sa ban jata hai,Uski saanse resham jaisi gaalo ko chu jaati hai,Uske haaton ki khushboo hai ab tak mere balon mein,Haan, aisa pehli baar hua hai satrah athrah saalon mein,Undekha anjaana koi aane laga hai khayalon mein (Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge)

I would rather have had one breath of her hair, one kiss from her mouth, one touch of her hand, than eternity without it. One.(City of Angels)

I am no one special, just a common man with common thoughts. I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me, and my name will soon be forgotten. But in one respect, I've succeeded as gloriously as anyone who ever lived. I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and for me, that has always been enough.(Notebook)

I love that you get cold when it's 71 degrees out. I love that it takes you an hour and a half to order a sandwich. I love that you get a little crinkle above your nose when you're looking at me like I'm nuts. I love that after I spend the day with you, I can still smell your perfume on my clothes. And I love that you are the last person I want to talk to before I go to sleep at night. And it's not because I'm lonely, and it's not because it's New Year's Eve. I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.(When Harry met Sally)

Life is like a box of chocolates...you never know what you`re gonna get(ForrestGump)

As far as I'm concerned, the Internet is just another way to be rejected by a woman(You have got mail)

Some people live a lifetime in a minute(Scent of a woman)

Never Lie, Steal, Cheat or drink,But,If u Lie,Lie in the arms of those u love,If u Steal,Steal from the bad company.If u Cheat,Cheat Death.And If u Drink Drink those moments that take ur breath away.(Hitch)

Keep ur friends close and ur enemies closer(Cruel Intention)

Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things. And no good thing ever dies.(Shawshank Redemption)

Love means never having to say you're sorry(Love story)

The great advantage of having a reputation for being stupid: People are less suspicious of you.(Four wedding and a funeral)

Beginnings are usually scary and endings are usually sad, but it's everything in between that makes it all worth living.(Hope floats)

5 comments:

  1. FRANKLY, MY DEAR,
    I DON'T GIVE A DAMN....
    hahaha...no dats nt my reaction to dis post...dis is the americal film ins. best quote of all time frm gone wid da wind...
    another fav is from when harry met sally...da rest. scene...the quote...
    "I'll have what she's having.";-)
    great quote.super gr8 meg ryan...
    finally something 4 u...guess wheres dis one from...
    "I feel the need - the need for speed!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) i guess, the list wud be endless for me ............some of the quotes u listed here r my fav too, esp the When Harry met Sally one...............
    and @ Siddharth.....i know it was meant for shishir but cudnt resist showing off my knowledge :D , the quote is from Top Gun....that was a cinch! :)))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god swati..that was a killer for siddharth..infact i was abt to show the exact knowledge to him..Top gun..good one must say..and this guy has his birthday tommorow and is heading for his first job at infy tommorow itself .....and hey why don't i see a post on ur blog abt ur fav. movies ...kind of a list i might discover few good movies i might not have seen

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ uttara..thanks for being on my blog..i guess first time and yes these lines r eternal and thanks that u likes what i copied from here and there hahaha..hope to see u more on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey siddharth ...wish u agreat b'day and good luck for the first day at job! have fun :)
    shishir , meanwhile it's not a bad idea at all.....some day i shall compile the list :)

    ReplyDelete