Tuesday, June 06, 2006

THE BEAUTIFUL GAME


The wait is about to end the greatest sporting event is about to take off in Germany. The beautiful game world cup 2006 is just about to begin.A sport which knows no nation which has no boundary is about to bring billions of people to standstill. The magic of world cup soccer. Stars will be born and stars will come down to ground. Will we see another hand of god or will we see the biggest upsets? Will Thierry Henry sets the crowds alight or David Beckham can bend it ? Will the yellow jersy conquer or the Azure will prevail?
People have started predicting who is going to win but I have no doubts who is going to win Brazil.And why I have no doubts because I think this is the best Brazil team since 1970's. Ronaldo,Ronaldinio,Kaka, Robinho the list goes on. And whoever thought Ronaldo's time is up just watch out this is going to be his world cup. He is going to take the golden boot.
I am not saying that there are not other teams France , Argentina , Germany and Italy all are wonderful teams but I guess they have to prove themsleves during the tournement.And as for as England is concerened I am not too sure.This team has never given me the confidence of a big match team and with the injuries its even more difficult.And as for the team which can shock the favourites I would go for Argentina. A team with awsome talent just somehow not able to replicate the Maradona's era.
Whatever happens and when the fianl wistle blows whoever wins I just hope that billions of people who are going to watch just say we will never forget this one. This edition of the world cup brings the real magic which this beautiful game is all about . And as someone said it's not all about winning I wish we all see a spectacle which will leave it imprints in the time to come. And as my country is not playing and i guess wouldn't be playing for many more years I wish all the teams and their suppoters best of luck.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tho' i have no interst in the game, i always get amazed by the mass-frenzy it creates!!!! so u gonna live by German Std Time :) now, watching the matches????

    ReplyDelete