Thursday, May 04, 2006

What if gods can speak?

I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent.

Is it me or the world that has gone insane. Anywhere i look anywhere I see all I see is insanity. Every one is hungry for the blood of the other person. It feels as if we live in the age of barbarism. World is burning, Iraq hasn't settle down yet that iran is on queue. And why go far in my own country scores of people have been massacred for what, a cause Kashmir. Honestly for someone who spent his childhood in Srinagar I am sick and tired of listening to the K word. Which cause give right to kill someone that too in the name of religion. If gods could speak they would be crying out loud to see such insane behaviour. Then another part of my nation Gujrat, demolition of a monument gave right to the mob to burn someone alive in his car,his fault , he was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Six people have been killed so far and if you ask someone from their family why did they were targeted and their answer is a haunting silence. I never consider myself a religious person but I have been taught to respect everyone's faith and i have never been able to understand how this insanity got linked with religion. No religion encourages anyone to kill and yet all I hear is religious extremisim. Is this the world we are creating for the future. And the sad part of it is, I don't see any hope. Things are getting worse every day. I would like to end by a qoute which says it all

War is as outmoded as cannibalism, chattel slavery, blood-feuds, and dueling, an insult to God and humanity...a daily crucifixion of Christ

7 comments:

  1. Imagine there's no Heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today

    Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dear friend believe me gods have gone to sleep and human conscience has died!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my dear friend..wow ..shreshth going nuts...project really affecting ur mind..being so nice to me..

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great quote...really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. If only, somehow, we could re-program their minds to think in terms of humanitarianism and not religious extremism...

    ReplyDelete
  6. its just so futile/useless/irritating being nice to you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, i linked ur blog to mine! without permissons! apologies :) :)

    ReplyDelete